Three Spanish journalists kidnapped in Syria freed

Tom MarkLast Update : Saturday 7 May 2016 - 10:36 PM
Three Spanish journalists kidnapped in Syria freed

Three Spanish freelance journalists who went missing in Syria last year and were believed to have been kidnapped have been released, the Spanish government said on Saturday.

The three men – Antonio Pampliega, Jose Manuel Lopez and Angel Sastre – disappeared last July. They were working on an investigative report in the northern city of Aleppo, where other journalists have been captured in the past, Spanish media reported at the time.

Spain’s acting deputy Prime Minister Soraya Saenz de Santamaria had made contact and spoken with the three, a government spokesman said. El Pais newspaper reported the men were now in Turkey and waiting to be brought back to Spain by authorities.

The journalists entered Syria from Turkey on July 10 and went missing shortly afterwards, Spanish press association FAPE said last year. Few details have since emerged regarding their situation.

(Reporting by Maria Vega Paul, Writing by Sarah White; Editing by Angus MacSwan)

Source: Reuters world

Short Link
2016-05-07 2016-05-07
Leave a Reply
Required fields*

Your email address will not be published.

Comments Rules :

عدم الإساءة للكاتب أو للأشخاص أو للمقدسات أو مهاجمة الأديان أو الذات الالهية. والابتعاد عن التحريض الطائفي والعنصري والشتائم.

Type a small note about the comments posted on your site (you can hide this note from comments settings)

Tom Mark