A Michigan man trying to use fireworks to remove a bees’ nest from his home ended up burning his garage down instead.
“The homeowner was doing something with a smoke bomb trying to get a bees nest out of the garage,” Grand Blanc Fire Chief Bob Burdette told MLive.
Fire crews responded to Mike Tingley’s home in Grand Blanc Township after fireworks went off into the sky from the burning garage on Monday. There were no reported injuries.
Tingley said although he’s saddened about his garage, he’s glad the damage wasn’t worse.
“It is depressing losing a place where we had a lot of fun, but everyone is safe, and that’s the main thing,” he told the site.