Japan’s top government spokesman said on Thursday that Tokyo’s campaign to host the 2020 Olympics had been clean.
He made the comment after a media report alleged a 1.3 million euro payment made by the winning Tokyo Olympic bid.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told a news conference that he had no knowledge of the issue, but said if French magistrates requested an investigation over the Olympic bid Japan would respond appropriately.
(Reporting by Kaori Kaneko; Editing by Ed Davies)
Source: Reuters Sports